The following positions are open at the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Transportation Department:
The NCTCOG is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner in the following program areas:
- Roadway Corridor and Subarea Studies – assume a leadership role in the management of areas within the Sustainable Development Program, with a primary focus on active transportation (bicycle and pedestrian) planning.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning – manage long-range roadway corridor and subarea studies within the Transportation Planning team and to bridge the gap between planning and engineering phases of project development.
The NCTCOG is seeking to fill entry- or mid-level Planner and Funding Specialist positions in the following program areas:
- Planners and Funding Specialist:
- Freight Planner I or II (Freight Planning) –to support the goods movement-planning program.
- Transportation Planner I or II (Sustainable Development) – to support projects related to the interface between land use and transportation, planning for bicycle and pedestrian modes of transportation, transit-oriented development, and community school siting.
- Transportation Funding Specialist I or II (Transportation Project Programming) – to support the development, maintenance, and implementation of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
- Government Relations:
- Intern and Communications Coordinator or Communications Supervisor
Applicants wishing to be considered for these positions should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position(s) that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
The NCTCOG is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation
This ad updated here 8/22/18
Corpus Christi MPO has an opening for Transportation Planning Director
(click above link for details and instructions)
Location: 602 N. Staples, Suite 300, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 Closing Date: 07/31/2018
Department: 0370; Job Class: 7001; Pay Grade 42 ($48.55 – $48.55) Open Date: 07/17/2018
This ad posted here 07/20/18
Send postings to TEMPO Administrator. Jobs will be posted for 90 days and then removed, unless requested to keep on the site longer or asked to remove earlier.