Beginning in January 2020, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Transportation Department will be seeking to fill entry- and/or mid-level Transportation Planner position listed below.
NCTCOG is one of the largest metropolitan planning organizations in the country. The Agency offers flexible work hours, generous health and retirement benefits, and a friendly and highly analytical atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
- Transportation/Air Quality Planner I, II, or III – Air Quality Management – support implementation and administration of projects and initiatives that reduce air pollution and improve energy efficiency in the transportation sector. Support Dallas-Fort Worth Clean Cities Coalition activities. This position will work with public and private fleets, local governments, and other stakeholders.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Aviation – support development and implementation of the Regional General Aviation and Heliport System Plan, North Central Texas Aviation Careers Program, North Texas Unmanned Aircraft System Safety and Integration Task Force. This position will work with public and private transportation providers, local governments, communities, and stakeholders.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Bike/Ped Planning – support the Sustainable Development program, specifically related to Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordination.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Congestion and Asset Management – assist in advancing and coordinating the Congestion Management and Asset Management Program within the Dallas-Fort Worth region.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Environmental Considerations – support environmental stewardship projects, assist with strategies to streamline National Environmental Policy Act studies, and coordinate with resource agencies during transportation studies concerning the natural environment. This position will also maintain Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data related to these responsibilities.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Land-Use – undertake projects region-wide related to the interface between land use and transportation, planning for bicycle and pedestrian modes of transportation, transit-oriented development, and community school siting. This position is an exciting opportunity to see integrated transportation and land-use planning move from theory to policy to implementation at a regional scale.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Regional Transportation Construction Coordinator – assist in advancing and coordinating the construction of major transportation projects within the Dallas-Fort Worth region.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Safety – support the Transportation Safety Program. This position will participate in the development and implementation of regional transportation safety coordination efforts and initiatives.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Transit Project Management and Operations – support implementation of transit projects and administration of federal transit grant program activities. This position will work with public and private transportation providers, local governments, communities, and other stakeholders.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Transportation Improvement Program – support the development, maintenance, and implementation of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP). Responsibilities will generally include technical and/or administrative support to TIP projects and programs.
- Transportation Planner I or II – Transportation Planning – support the maintenance and management of GIS based travel demand networks and associated travel forecasting analysis activities. This position will work with state and regional transportation partners and local governments.
For more information on these employment opportunities and to apply, applicants should visit NCTCOG’s career Web site at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/ after January 6, 2020. Only online applications will be accepted, and an application for each position of interest is required in order to be considered. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
This ad updated 12/20/19
The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) has an opening for a
Regional Transportation Planner
The AAMPO is is looking for an experienced REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION PLANNER to lead the organization in air quality planning, freight, congestion management and Transportation Improvement Program development and maintenance. A Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, environmental studies, or a related field with at least 3 years experience in transportation planning is desired.
Go to www.alamoareampo.org for further details and directions on how to apply. EOE.
This ad posted 11/26/19
Send postings to TEMPO Administrator. Jobs will be posted for 90 days and then removed, unless requested to keep on the site longer or asked to remove earlier.