The following positions are open at the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Transportation Department:
Transportation Planner I or II – Freight Planning
- The North Central Texas Council of Governments Transportation Department is seeking an entry- or mid-level Transportation Planner to develop and implement strategies to support economic development, sustainable development, transportation safety, and air quality initiatives related to goods movement.
Transportation Planner Is or IIs – Transit Operations
- The North Central Texas Council of Governments Transportation Department is seeking entry- and/or mid-level Transportation Planners to support the implementation of transit projects and/or administration of federal transit grant program activities. These positions will work with public and private transportation providers, local governments, communities, and other stakeholders. In addition, responsibilities include preparing presentations, correspondence, documentation, articles, and reports.
Senior Transportation Planner – Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning :
- to assume a leadership role in the management of areas within the Sustainable Development Program, with a primary focus on active transportation (bicycle and pedestrian) planning. The Senior Transportation Planner will oversee staff activities and implement programs and projects related to active transportation initiatives for the Dallas-Fort Worth region, which has a population exceeding 7.2 million.This position is an exciting opportunity to see integrated transportation and land-use planning move from theory to policy to implementation. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced office environment with multiple priorities, and will assist with conducting activities related to multimodal corridor studies using context-sensitive design principles; infrastructure planning and design; complete streets; funding; speaking engagements related to active transportation planning throughout the region; Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping; analysis; and data management.
Principal Project Engineer – Streamlined Project Delivery and Data Management
- for the Streamlined Project Delivery and Data Management team. This position will provide planning and technical expertise in support of expediting projects in the Dallas-Fort Worth region. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those positions. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Transportation Funding Specialist I or II – Transportation Project Programming
- to support the development, maintenance, and implementation of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
All applicants wishing to be considered for these positions should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position(s) that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
The NCTCOG is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise. NCTCOG also serves as a designated recipient for Federal Transit Administration funds.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation
This ad updated 12/7/18
The Corpus Christi Metropolitan Planning Organization (CCMPO) has an opening for MPO TRANSPORTATION PLANNING DIRECTOR.
SUMMARY: Manages and performs the administrative and technical tasks of establishing and maintaining a continuing, cooperative, and comprehensive transportation planning process, with consideration of all transportation modes and support of community development and social goals. These plans and programs shall lead to the development and operation of an integrated, intermodal transportation system that facilitates the efficient, economic movement of people and goods in the Corpus Christi Transportation Management Area (TMA)
SUPERVISION: Takes directions from and reports progress to the Transportation Policy Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Coordinates transportation planning activities of the City of Corpus Christi, City of Portland, City of Gregory, Regional Transportation Authority (RTA), Nueces and San Patricio counties, Port of Corpus Christi Authority, and Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
Click HERE for further details, qualifications, and directions on how to apply. Closing Date: December 2, 2018. Nueces County is an equal opportunity employer.
This ad posted 11/9/18
The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) is seeking an Active Transportation Planner for its team.
The ideal candidate has experience in providing leadership in addressing policies, systems, strategies, and projects that improve and expand opportunities for safe bicycling and walking.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical benefits, retirement, and tuition reimbursement.
Go to www.alamoareampo.org or call 210-227-8651 for further details and directions on how to apply. EOE.
This ad posted 10/1/18
The position of Executive Director is open at the El Paso Metropolitan Planning Organization.
The EPMPO is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Executive Director of the region’s bi-state transportation planning agency. Located in west Texas along the Rio Grande River extending west into Southeast New Mexico, the planning area is comprised of El Paso County, Texas; Southern Doña Ana County, New Mexico; and a portion of Otero County, New Mexico; totaling over one million residents.
The Executive Director manages and oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization. Priorities include assessing the structure, staffing and operations of the organization, developing a strategic plan, and addressing Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulated Air Quality compliance issues, to name a few.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess a master’s degree in transportation planning, civil engineering, urban/regional planning, geography, business management, and six years directly related transportation planning experience, or a bachelor’s degree in transportation planning, civil engineering, urban/regional planning, geography, business management plus ten years directly related transportation planning experience, or any equivalent combination of related education, training and experience to perform the essential job functions. American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification preferred. The EPMPO offers a competitive salary range commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience salary range of $103,000 to $181,000 DOQ/E, plus a generous benefits package.
The TPB is seeking an exceptional communicator and effective collaborator that is self-aware, proactive and focused with attention to detail. The selected candidate must demonstrate exceptional knowledge in planning and technical areas, with an ability to lead the organization with courage and humility.
This position is open until filled; however, interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply no later than November 13, 2018. Please click HERE for more information and to apply for this position.
This ad posted 9/27/18
Send postings to TEMPO Administrator. Jobs will be posted for 90 days and then removed, unless requested to keep on the site longer or asked to remove earlier.